Wednesday, August 5, 2015

The Red Mohawk by Anonymous

I really wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading this book. I ended up staying up late to finish reading it. I honestly didn't notice the typos or grammatical errors that others seem to have noticed but then I was engrossed in the story itself. It is very tongue in cheek and needs to be read as a parody. The characters are such obvious stereotypes of typical slasher/horror films characters as is the small town with hidden secrets. There is a lot of blood and gore/sex/gross situations but then if you think back to the cheesy slasher movies of the 70's and 80's, they are chock full of the same. All in all, I found the book to be a fun read which brought back fond memories of cult classic slasher/horror movies. I am not surprised in the least that the novel is being developed into a movie by none other than Tobey Maquire's Material Pictures. Thank you to the author and Netgalley for the opportunity to read this fun book!

No comments:

Post a Comment