Thursday, August 18, 2016

The Widow by Fiona Barton

I had to take a couple of days to think about this book after I finished reading it. I did like it hence the four stars but I also put it down a few times very frustrated with the widow herself.
It is a dazzling examination of the complicated relationship that can exist between a husband and wife especially abusive relationships and enablement.
I was so ticked off and irritated at how dense and submissive the widow was but in the end that is my issue and has nothing to do with the book itself.
In the end, I decided on four stars because I was drawn into the story to the point of staying up late at night reading it to the finish. I found it to be well written although it did take me a little time to get used to the rapid past/present chapter changes. I also ended up sitting in my bed just sobbing for at least 10 minutes. I can honestly say that this is one of those books that will stay with me and I will not forget. I am looking forward to reading more by this author.

Four out of Five Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment