Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Stumbling on a Tale by Suzanne Roche

I have to admit that I am a huge fan of Suzanne Roche. I read her first book in this series " Making it Home (Time to Time, #1) and have been hooked ever since. If anything, this second book in the series is even better than the first one. So much so that I have requested my local library to purchase copies of this series ( they did!) and my 8-year-old son is very keen to read them as he loves history. Suzanne Roche has a way of taking what she has researched about a particular time period and making it believable and accessible to young children in a way that they can enjoy while learning.
Time travel adventure has not ended for Peri, Max, and Henry at all. There is a mysterious book where if you put a particular object on it, you end up in that time period. This time around it is the middle ages and the children learn while trying to figure out how to get back to their own time period. It is so well written and descriptive in such a way that you feel as if you are there with the children. I really would highly recommend this series to any elementary school children who have an interest in history. In fact, I plan to mention this series to my children's school library as I think many children would love this series. Very well done. I can't wait until the next book in the series comes out. I want to thank Suzanne Roche for allowing me to read such an incredible series. I really think it has potential and is a great series.

Four out of Five Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment